Monday, February 7, 2011

Request for samples of communication ideas...

Hi, I have gotten several ideas on how student support and general education teachers communicate with one another and with parents. One of my favorites is the use of the IPOD! I was hoping for a few more ideas to share with the Parent Advisory Board.


I have some board maker ideas from various teachers also that are kid friendly and parent friendly.

E-mail or send me some samples or ideas.

Ann Loftus
aloftus@linnmar.12.ia.us

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but in the middle school, I have used Skype. Not necessarily the video portion, but the instant messaging option is wonderful when I am needed in a general education classroom. The teacher can very discreetly message me that it might be a good idea to do a "walk through" or make myself conveniently present. It's a nice way to subtly modify behaviors in the gen ed setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I maintain a blog; this is new this year, so it is still in its infancy and I'm working on what works well and what does not. The blog is for teachers, parents and students alike and I'm hoping will take off more next year. Additionally, I maintain a Google Calendar and have utilized Google Docs a bunch. I am also hoping to use Wikis as IEP prep tools.

    ReplyDelete